Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 211

Thread: klik: point-and-klik software store for Knoppix

  1. #101
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kwadroke
    The program installs & brings up the application window, but when I click on the program to 'install' and nothing happens.
    Please check whether it works in the original Knoppix you used as a base for your remaster. If it does, the packages in your remaster ("apt-get upgrade") are incompatible with the respective klik recipe you are using to run.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwadroke
    As far as my "Wizard" idea goes, I got off my lazy butt & started creating a php script to do this. It's nowhere near working yet, but I am working on it.
    Great! Some ideas I had on this:
    apt-get should run on the server. You can access apt-get through php (exec, I think). Now, at least for KDE apps, there is all you need: Let the PHP page call apt-get to display the available packages and to create the list of URLs to be included in the recipe (but always make sure you are using http://snapshot.debian.net/ with the date matching to the Knoppix version you want to generate the klik script for, e.g. http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2...14/debian/pool for KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14, otherwise you might end up in broken packages and/or too many packages downloaded and broken URLs in the recipe - thanks Fabrian for this hint). Then, let the server extract the neccessary meta information for the klik recipe from the deb package. Finally, let PHP write the klik recipe. Should all be possible without too much hassle. HOWEVER this takes only into account the apps that were in unstable at the point of time the Knoppix version you are writing for was available. If you want more recent apps to run, you will possibly have to hand-write your recipe anyway, sometimes even using "dirty" sources such as Fedora RPMs and the like.

    If it all works, it will be coooooooool

    If you need some script snippets for the apt-get server side part I am talking about, drop me a line. I have them here (for my local use, not yet embedded into php, however).

  2. #102
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by xav
    It took me some time to realise that my problem was probably just due to the Knoppix version I was using.
    Sorry about that. I have bolded the KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14 on the homepage as a quick fix. Don't want to rewrite all the recipes right now (this shows that all such generic stuff should be handled by php-includes server-side in the recipes to make it easy to change just one include file instead of x recipes...)

  3. #103
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi probono,

    Has someting changed with install?

    I must be snafu time.
    ( I don't use bad language -- this is a proper
    US military term )

    KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19 appears to run install but
    It does not work now.
    This worked without problem yesterday??

    It is expected that some app's won't work smoothly from
    version to version -- but surely the installer will install itself.
    I expect some install script changes are being made.

    Hmmm with multiple installs I get .klik .klik.1 .klik.2

    We are standing by.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  4. #104
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by paradocs
    Hi probono,
    Has someting changed with install?
    Hi paradocs, nope - nothing has changed with the install in the last few days. I tried it 5 secs ago and it worked as always. Please run the install command in konsole, perhaps you can see what goes wrong. Maybe berlios.de just had a server problem at the time when you tried?

  5. #105
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi probono,

    do you do IRC #klik on freenode ?

    Must be a server problem.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  6. #106
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by paradocs
    do you do IRC #klik on freenode ?
    I have done so.

  7. #107
    Please check whether it works in the original Knoppix you used as a base for your remaster.
    This is what I get when I run klik from konsole on the official KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19:

    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix/.klik
    /home/knoppix/.klik: No such file or directory: shell has changed!

    The file is there (I ran 'ls -a'). As I stated before, the wget script installs but doen't allow me to 'install' apps.

  8. #108
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kwadroke
    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix/.klik /home/knoppix/.klik: No such file or directory: shell has changed!
    Please reinstall your client. I could fix this bug.

  9. #109
    Please reinstall your client.
    Tried that. no luck. I even deleted the .klik file just in case.
    Running the same command on 2003-11-14 works fine.

  10. #110
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kwadroke
    Tried that. no luck. I even deleted the .klik file just in case.
    Running the same command on 2003-11-14 works fine.
    Sorry about that. That must be obviously a very bad bug, I will investigate this, but I cannot promise a quick solution.

    Btw, if there are people out here who seriously want to join the klik team and are willing to spend some time on this, please leave a message.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
  2. klik on older knoppix versions
    By redss in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
  3. Use Klik with DVD Knoppix
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
  5. point-and-klik...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$649.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99