-
03-20-2004, 05:08 AM
#141
Tigren o irc.freenode.net #knoppix is willing to setup download for 50 euros....
i can give 10e. Are there other people willing to spend $$ or (better) willing to put 3.4 cd on bittorrent?
-
03-20-2004, 01:51 PM
#142

Originally Posted by
alekibango
Tigren o irc.freenode.net #knoppix is willing to setup download for 50 euros....
i can give 10e. Are there other people willing to spend $$ or (better) willing to put 3.4 cd on bittorrent?
I don't get this, what does this guy need 50eu for? There's people who are willing to provide a bittorrent tracker and bandwith for free, see: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=75! I'm not going to give a single cent to "Tigren", this sound like scam to me.
-
03-20-2004, 03:56 PM
#143
If I can lay hands on the ISO, I'll seed 10GB for free, no problem.
-
03-20-2004, 05:50 PM
#144

Originally Posted by
monkeyman
If I can lay hands on the ISO, I'll seed 10GB for free, no problem.
Cool, if you do, I'll leave my computer on all night and be seeding like a madman
-
03-21-2004, 12:24 AM
#145
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Cebit

Originally Posted by
EmDee

Originally Posted by
sn0wflake
EmDee: why do you have a naked man as an icon?
lol, I was waiting for someone to ask that question

I was searching images.google.com for "linus" and that picture came out on top of the page. It's supposed to be Linus, but although he's one of my personal heroes, I doubt he's got that much muscle mass... And resizing the image degraded the quality even more.. Anyway, theres not really a reason why I chose that pic, it doesn't look like me either, sadly!
I'd like to point out that the image that you 'obtained' was done by Nitrozac, and is pretty much being copied without permission. I think it was first featured in her After Y2K cartoon.
http://www.geekculture.com
(sorry, but I'm on a pretty good basis with the artists behind this, and this has been eating at me a bit since the first time I saw it)
-
03-21-2004, 02:02 AM
#146
Senior Member
registered user
Tigren was joking about the 50 euro thing, he doesn't have the iso, just was saying that becasue someone was always bugging everyone for it.
-
03-21-2004, 07:42 AM
#147

Originally Posted by
monkeyman
Arrgh! I am a pretty patient guy and normally don't whine. However, I have a brand new HTPC, hardware compliant for 2.6, and only waiting for the release so I can put the boot and image on the solid state HDD. It's cost me a boody fortune, even though I built it myself, and I am running out of Lager, cigarettes and fingernails.

Hey I have the similar hardware complications.
I suppose we're just gonna both have to wait to see when these fine men and Frauleins are ready to offer their best.
-
03-21-2004, 08:28 AM
#148
I hope the release comes out pretty soon, I have some hungry leechers (fixing to throw away M$) to feed
-
03-21-2004, 09:02 PM
#149
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Is this our answer?

Originally Posted by
barl0w
Why is this torrent going so slow? I've had it open for three or four days now, and there have always been >5 seeds and only a few leechers, though it crawls along at <5KB/s...
-
03-21-2004, 09:18 PM
#150
Junior Member
registered user
Cebit 2004 – 18.03. until 24.03.2004
[ << Previous ] [neighbors >>]
Heise Online-chat: the Schnupper-Linux Knoppix
Knoppix, that of CD-ROM booting Linuxes that does not touch existing installations, knocks periodicals of publishing house on large interest at the visitors on the Cebit-booth of the Heise. If claws Knopper Linuxes be introduces, forms banned pursue itself a large grape of spectators, that each movement of the mouse pointer on the video projection. Knopper lets no question unanswered. Sometimes these aim not at all on the technology, but rather on that how Knoppix emerged generally. "Actually have I the first CD-ROMS for me personally generates", answers it on that to the surprise of some listeners. "If I suspected had, that Knoppix once such a notice finds, would have I it probably differently named." Also today let Knoppix be only a hobby. "A hobby run totally out of the oar", adds Knopper laughing.

Knoppers presentations swipe knock at the Heise-booth on lively interest.
At the current Saturday, we invited claws Knopper in the Heise Online-chat. There it will discuss with support of the c' t-editor Peter you ring Knoppix -details. Also on the booth, the visitors can pursue the chat and can interfere into the discussion. The chat takes place from 15.30 to 16.30 clock. The chat-room is lived opened how already an hour before the organization. To this time, we fade in to the left on the homepages and the chat-side , that you lead directly into the chat.
(original page http://www.heise.de/newsticker/resul...PPIX%20Knoppix
translated via http://www.freetranslation.com/)
knoppix c't cover 4/04 http://www.heise.de/ct/shareware/cover_sw0401.pdf
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00