Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I make Knoppix NOT to install a package?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6

    How can I make Knoppix NOT to install a package?

    Hi,

    If I have downloaded, compiled and installed an application myself, how can I tell Knoppix/Debian not to install the same application again when I do 'apt-get upgrade'?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    see section 3.10 of http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ap...pt-get.en.html

    You can "pin" the version you want to keep.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6
    I have read the same how-to before. I believe it's the same how-to as the one that is on top of this forum. But somehow this pinning doesn't work here

    This is the problem I have:
    I've downloaded the source of xdaliclock v2.20-1. I compiled it and installed it. I've add a pin for xdaliclock version 2.20-1 with a priority 100. If I understand the how-to correctly, a pin priority of 100 means that the package is installed and will not be up or downgraded. But everytime apt-get tries to upgrade xdaliclock.

    Am I doing something wrong here?

Similar Threads

  1. How do i install a .deb package
    By jakedahn in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:56 PM
  2. How to make HD install behave like Knoppix
    By NitroCrzy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 12:57 AM
  3. How do install kdelibs4-dev package ?
    By Mokoshi in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 01:12 PM
  4. Can't install Icons on KDE (not package)
    By Peterobe in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00