Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to uninstall knx-live and wine?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    How to uninstall knx-live and wine?

    Hello I have some problems..
    I run Knoppix from cd and have knx-live and wine installed.
    The reason I have knoppix is to copy movies to a hd (for a dvd player). Now I get the message that the disk is full when I try to copy over more movies, but I know its at least 10 G left on the hd, and I think this started after I installed theese programs.
    Does anyone know how to uninstall them?

    Thanks
    /Jhace

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Umm, how do you know there is 10G left ? Did you run df ?
    BTW, one interesting thing with linux filesystems (and unix too):
    Usually a few percent of the disk space is reserved for the root user only.
    When df says the disk is full (100%) there is still some space left but only root is allowed to use it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hello, yes Ive checked the free space in Knoppix, but why Im sure there is at least 10G left is beccause I deleted just over 10G movies on the Hd before I tried copying more to it. Also I have the Hd mounted in Root, and use the File manager in Super user mode. So thats why I think its maby the knx-live or wine thats making the problems... worked before I installed them.

    Thanks for trying to help
    /Jhace

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    How about running "df" on the command line and posting the result here just to satisfy our curiosity ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    How do I do that? Just type "df" ?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    Well I worked around the problem by creating new directorys in root to copy to, and when it said it was full I removed the temporary folder and created a new one... seems to work so far

    Take care
    /Jhace

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhace
    How do I do that? Just type "df" ?
    Yes, in a terminal window that is (to open a terminal window click on the icon looking like a display with a shell on it)

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall?
    By harryhood in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
  2. How to uninstall?
    By Lumma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:16 PM
  3. uninstall HDD
    By Liquidant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:46 AM
  4. How can I uninstall xlibmesa-gl?
    By Padautz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
  5. uninstall X
    By lilliput in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch

$175.00