-
Cant find CDROM problem
I have a 486-66mhz PC (1992 or 1993 vintage) that I dug out recently. I am trying to load Knoppix using a floppy. I used rawrite and created the boot floppy. Knoppix goes throught the boot process up until it scans for the CDROM. It cant find the CDROM then drops me into the "very limited shell" mode.
I tried doing a search on this problem, but all of the answers I found didn't really address how to get Knoppix to recognize the CDROM. I know the CDROM works, because I have WIN95 loaded on the HD, and I can read CD's from Windows. Also, I know the Knoppix CD is burned correctly, because I have another PC that is CD-bootable, and this Knoppix CD worked fine on that PC.
I don't really want to copy Knoppix to the HD and boot off the HD, at least not yet. For now I'd like to get it to boot from CD.
Similar Threads
-
By kpoman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By JimH00 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By Joe Soap in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
-
By jct in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
-
By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00