-
Senior Member
registered user
Added HD, now devices are shifted - how to? (resolved)
First thing: Knoppix v3.3 HD Install.
Background:
-=- Previous device setup...
/dev/hda1 - Linux HD OS - Primary Master
/dev/hda2 - Dos partition
/dev/hda3 - Linux Swap
/dev/hdb - DVD device - Primary Slave
/dev/hdc - CDRW device - Secondary Master
-=- After adding new hard drive, this is the new configuration...
/dev/hda1 - Linux HD OS - Primary Master
/dev/hda2 - Dos partition
/dev/hda3 - Linux Swap
/dev/hdb - DVD device - Primary Slave
/dev/hdc1 - DOS / VFAT Win98 HD OS - Secondary Master
/dev/hdd - CDRW device - Secondary Slave
From what I can tell, all of my device pointers point to cdrom1 as the CDRW device, how do I get /dev/hdc to point to /dev/hdd now, as far as cdrom1 is concerned, I think cdaudio device points to the same thing as well.
As a side note: I did figure out how to install Win98 *AFTER* installing Knoppix, with a two drive system, and Windows didn't touch my Knoppix drive.
I the "new configuration" I have listed above, I simply pulled the power connector to the Primary Master (Linux) Hard Drive, Installed Win98 from setup, and when I finished getting Win98 configured, I replaced the power on the Linux Hard Drive - I use the BIOS boot order to determine which OS I am booting. Technically, I don't ever plan on booting Win98, I plan on just using it for Wine to use, and my pain in the rump DOS program.
Thanks for any assistance on getting my devices back to where they are now,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
-
By p.lavarre in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By mantorpcity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 10:15 AM
-
By linuxfan in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00