-
Senior Member
registered user
HD install subtopics????
Does anyone think it might be helpful to split HD install into installing/networking/servers etc.
Seems to me the issues are the same as the the LIVE version BUT differnt solutions / possibilities
IMHO it would make it easier to respond, or work out what went wrong ...
xxx won't start... is great, but if its from a HD install the reason would likely be very different (like they apt-get'd some newer libraries etc.)
At the moment its not overly clear !!!
Just a suggestion....
-
I agree. Since many people seem to use knoppix as a Debian installer (as I do) many people have all sorts of issues.
I've heard some people have issues about RAM usage (i.e. the ramdisk is made anyway on a HD boot) or they have XF86Config-4 problems, or perhaps thay have hardware detection issues.
It might help to split it down 3 lanes, hardware/configuration/networking ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I tend to agree
I tend to agree - but then I started the topic and your the only one who answered!!!
I for one find it confusing as to whether probelms are LIVe or HD install and after that sorting out what are artifacts of the orginal live version when installed!!!
Perhaps its just us???
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99