-
Knoopix help
I want to copy files from knoppix ramdisk to the windows XP NTFS partition, and when I start windows Xp to see the files, that I copy from knoppix ramdisk. Please tell me how to copy. When I boot from Knoppix CD I see windows partition, i can view them, but I cann't write files on the win partition. Is there a way to do this
-
Senior Member
registered user
At this time in knoppix their is no way to write files to ntfs partitions(search for more info). A safe work around is to create a fat 32partition which can be read and written to by Knoppix and Windows. QTparted is a easy partitioning tool to use(do a search for more info). Once you have created a fat32 partion here's how to access/write to the partition. Left click-on the new partition icon on the desktop, this should mount it. The Konquorer file browser should appear and show any available files in it. A right click on that same partition icon will now offer you a choice to "change read write mode". Choose yes at the next dialog box. You should be able to write (drag and drop files) and access them in either windows or knoppix.
johnb
Similar Threads
-
By Forensic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-02-2005, 01:05 PM
-
By Iradi8 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By -donald- in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By jesselong in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By newLinux in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00