Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Remastering problem: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    I've found that my problem was a corrupted cloop file

    can you mount your created KNOPPIX file from the environment that you create it in ?

    ie

    insmod cloop file=/home/dave/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    mount /dev/cloop /tmp

    ls -l /tmp

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    10
    Hey,

    I was getting the EXACT SAME PROBLEM

    I burned ISO with xcdroast under Fedora Yarrow and it would bomb just as above.

    After reading this post, I decided to install K3B and burned it with that just a second ago.

    All I did to the master was

    REMOVE tetex base
    ADD iperf

    And then burned it with K3B. Just rebooted and it works like a charm... ) This is my very very first remaster, ever! I have gained the confidence now to tweak it to my liking.

    Once thing I noticed was that my MOZILLA Icon on the taskbar changed from the red mozilla to the blue M

    Cheers
    Manny

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52
    Where is your isolinux directory? I had this problem and the solution was to move isolinux to the root of "cdrom".

    cesman

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    29

    It fine for me

    I have remastered KNOPPIX V3.3 the 16th Feb release and it works fine.

    Have you got that partition you are developing the KNOPPIX file system in a ext2 or ext3 file system?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    I would like to say I have the exact proeblem.

    Apparently it has to do with the original environment. My host OS is MandrakeLinux 9.2, and I am using cloop-utils-1.02-1mdk.

    Which version should I use, and where do I get it from?

    and...
    is it possible to remaster from teh chrooted environment?
    I think I can boot from theoriginal knoppix and remaster from there, but that is a really unconfortable way of working.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    9

    Same problem here

    I had the exact same problem.

    I have a P4 2.6 Ghz with HT and 1 gig of RAM.

    When I created the KNOPPIX image it gave me the error, but when I re-created the image, it worked just fine.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    I also have the same problem, but also a work around.

    I have four partitions

    hda1 - 500M swap
    hda2 - 700M partion for a "poor man's dual boot"
    hda3 - 2G ext2 partition complete bootable linux file system (knx-hdinstall)
    hda4 - 10G ext2 partition used for remastering and poor man's dualboot

    Partitions hda2 through hda4 are bootable via LILO. All run essentially the same base version of KNOPPIX (Version 3.3 2-16-2004)

    I use the hda2 partition as my default boot, preferring to work from a CD based workstation while saving a my configuration (config.tgz) on hda2. I have no persistent home directory.

    Here's the problem. The HDA2 poor man's dualboot consistently boots great for me. And of course the fully installed linux partion (HDA3) boots as well. When I remaster on HDA4 and create my iso and burn to CD, the CD boot well. But if I copy the remastered compressed KNOPPIX filesystem to the poor man's dual boot setup on HDA4, I get the error described (filesystem could not be found, sorry, etc.) As noted, it is not the newly created filesystem, because I can burn it to a CD and it works great.

    Here's the work around. I copy the newly remastered compressed KNOPPIX filesystem to the poor man's dual boot on HDA2 and it boots just fine (same as the remastered CD).

    However, I like to keep HDA2 as my "known good" partition and not fool around with it. I would MUCH more prefer to boot from the development partition (HDA4) to test my remasters and leave the production environment alone.

    I have learned to live with this, but I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions anyone would have regarding why this seems to only boot from the first ext2 partition available.

    Thanks in advance,

    ~paul

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    i had the same problem too. But I found a solution. When you try to master the image don't forget the switch -J (Joilet Extensions) for mkisofs. This switch allows lower-case and (!) upper-case file-/directorynames. If it isn't set the directory "KNOPPIX" on cd is lower-case but it has to be upper-case.
    After this my self-mastered Image is working really good.

    HTH
    RedCash

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Can anyone tell me - as I have NO knowledge about Linux - how do I get my CD to work after the "Can't find Knoppix filesystem" appears? The computer boots from CD (wouldn't get this message otherwise). I don't want to install anything on my machine. I thought the point with the Noppix CD was to introduce Linux to people... but this doesn't seem to be working...

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have exactly same problem.

    but "knoppix nodma" option is ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Booting problem: "Can't find Knoppix filesystem"
    By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
  2. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By boomer777 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:26 PM
  3. can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By befuddled in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Axiom 10Gbs Dual Port SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 NIC Card for Synology - E10G17-F2 picture

Axiom 10Gbs Dual Port SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 NIC Card for Synology - E10G17-F2

$456.99



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99