Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Modem Working from cd but not HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Modem Working from cd but not HD install

    I booted from a knoppix cd and was able to connect to the internet thru dial up. I loaded knoppix from the cd to my hard drive and when I boot from my hard drive the kde enviornment is loaded. When I try to setup my internet connection just like I did when running from the cd, It doesnt reckognize I have a modem. I am very new to linux and I am trying to research this on my own. I would appreciate any help on this matter. I have an optinplex gxi. 233mhz 162mb ram w/ hayes PCI modem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    -

    -

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Benroth, Germany
    Posts
    4
    I had the same problem when I made the HD Install by knx-installer. But everything worked fine with knoppix-installer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    I got it

    All I had to do is find out what port my modem was using and set it up under the devices in the internet kppp dial up setup. Under devices I selected ttsy0 which is the same thing as com1.

Similar Threads

  1. Modem not working--how to configure
    By deshotel in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:02 AM
  2. modem usb or isdn card... not working
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:42 AM
  3. YES!!!!!!i got the modem working (more)
    By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM
  4. My 56k Modem isn't working in Knoppix! :(
    By Enoch Chan in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:30 PM
  5. SB Live and US robotics modem not working...please help!
    By jamesgf in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE picture

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE

$450.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00