-
Junior Member
registered user
Cant get Kppp to work in Knoppix
I Downloaded and installed approriet driver for my lucent winmodem wich Kpakager said installed ok, But after configuring kppp it keeps telling me cant open the modem. I have modem position set at dev/ modem in device tab not the dev/ttsy 1,2,3 etc... poition This is same setup wich worked just great in SuSe 8.1, Mandrake 9.0 & 9.2 . Maybe something wrong with that driver I cheked my kernal version using uname-r in console wich gave version 2.4.22 anybody had similar problem ,fixes or suggestions Help is apprecieted By the way using Knoppix 3.3 installed on hard drive with about 7gigs of space. same computer That i tried oter distros mentioned that worked fine
-
Junior Member
registered user
dev/modem works for me when using cdrom version, but installed I had to set it to ttyS0 on my system. Just fyi. I don't have internal, but it sounds like maybe you should try all the possibilities, and do a 'query modem' to see if one works.
Hope this helps.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks ec
Thanks for the reply ec. I already tried all of the setting and quarryied them all none of them worked. what I am starting to understand is that the linmodem drivers I am using although they are the appropriet ones for my kernal Version they were not compiled with the appropriet compiler knoppix ,mepis and libranet use gcc3 compiler and the drivers I am using were compiled wiyh gcc2. I read this in the installer when it was trying to install in mepis the font was large and clear,and it gave this errror message wich i couln not read in knoppix. knoppix installer uses a weird font that is small and hard to read and i could not make out all the text output that displays when modules install. anyway I think this is the problem, maybe not Its hard being a newb to linux but I think it's verry cool and worth the effort to figure it out. I must admitt it is alot easyer to install drivers in windows at least for me that is. I know linux is getting better in that direction . I just wish it were now.
Similar Threads
-
By psunga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By bilzer in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 05:44 AM
-
By efi360 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:38 AM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00