-
Senior Member
registered user
XChat doesn't connect
You know you have run a OS for a while, when the little things become issues...
Case in point: XChat - In the windows world, I used Pirch - and this is where I am getting my connection information from...
XChat tries to (1) locate the server, and (2) connect to the server...
Problems: During step (1) it sometimes changes servers, or irc locations to God knows why [something] -=- or, during step (2) it always times out and disconnects.
Background: DALNet - either irc.darkmyst.org/6667 or irc.icq.com/7000
connecting to DarkMyst - it changes to some "Hotels" irc, and tries to connect to that, icq on the other hand, likes to change to irc-m.icq.aol.com - which never connects either...
I'd like to get back to my "usual" chat groups, some of them, I actually host, and not being able to get to them, doesn't help.
I am using kppp, with an already connected connection to the ISP, these servers, and irc locations DO exist, and I "am" a member of them (with the account I have in the setup of DALNet, in the server list)
I realize that this (must) be a simple problem, possibly "user", but, can someone help on getting this to work? Sheesh, for as much as I have gone through, to get Knoppix up, and setup, and happy, not to mention the learning involved, to get stumped by something like this. (who'd a thunked [giggle])
Thanks for any assistance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By cschilbe in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 06:11 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 12:34 AM
-
By JoDaY in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00