-
Junior Member
registered user
I have gotten a specific ESSID to work, but my methods are very kludgy.
I'm using Knoppix v3.2-2003-05-20 on a Dell notebook with a Linksys AP and an Orinoco Gold card. I also get the version 14 versus 15 mentioned above.
Initial bootup identifies my Orinoco Gold card correctly, but I get no Internet access (wireless card not found). Running iwconfig or netcardconfig and selecting DHCP produces no results.
This is what works for me: Open a shell and run netcardconfig and select STATIC configuration. Enter info from LAN (internal) connection (notebook=192.168.1.100, gateway=192.168.1.1, no DNS). After ifconfig sets the LAN parameters a wireless configuration tool opens up and requests wireless parameters like ESSID and channel and stuff. I enter my specific ESSID and channe number and the program (iwconfig?) writes these parameters. Nothing works yet, but we're almost there.
Rerun netcardconfig again, but select DHCP this time. Sending DHCP broadcast from eth0 is now "OK" and "auto lo eth0" sets everything up. From now on wireless performs correctly with my specific ESSID and channel number.
If I could restore myconfig from a floppy (to save these settings) I'd be a happy camper...
-jb
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By gneumarke in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:12 AM
-
By yhw22 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00