I believe that all you have to do is copy the knoppix.sh file onto the CD, re-burn and it will automatically use the new config files every time... I am not sure though...
How to start knoppix automatic as a router/ nat ?
Is there a way to force knoppix to read the floppy and config files automatic when it starts ?
Rubis
I believe that all you have to do is copy the knoppix.sh file onto the CD, re-burn and it will automatically use the new config files every time... I am not sure though...
first grab the knoppix start-up cheat sheet. It has lots of goodies on it to try different start-up options.
goto the Knoppix menu and choose the make configuration floppy.
insert a blank floppy and tell it to go!
to reboot with the configuration you just created enter
knoppix floppyconfig
at the boot: prompt.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Just figured this one out myself.
Syslinux has a text cfg file that sets up the boot args. To have all of the boot args done automatically, just add to the default option at the start of the file.
After editing the floppy syslinux.cfg, I did have a conflict with specifying the refresh and floppyconfig.... although I had specified the refreshrate, because I had also specified the floppyconfig, the system took the floppyconfig settings as precedent. I resolved this by booting in with the manually entered boot args, then saving them to floppy. I then added to the APPEND under the DEFAULT line (in my case):
xvrefresh=66 wheelmouse floppyconfig
That worked fine...I also decreased the timeout and erased some of the files that were not needed (f2 screen, de keymap) as there is limited space on the boot floppy to accomodate the floppyconfig files.
Further info about modifying syslinux.cfg can be found at:
http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99