Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30

    Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX

    I am trying to get the ICA v7 Client running on my linux computer (KNOPPIX HD install - debian distro)

    I tried two ways. One was to unpack the linuxx86.tar.gz file. Then run the ./setupwfc install script. Seemed to go fine.

    When I go click on Citrix ICA client under applications the intro screen pops up and then dies. Nothing no errors.

    I am not a linux person (yet) so I tried a bunch of things.

    The one thing that looks odd but I have no clue on how to fix is this:

    root@Knoppix:~/Software/citrix/V7# ldd /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica
    libXaw.so.6 => not found
    libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x418b0000)
    libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x41306000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x41171000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x41019000)
    libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x41967000)
    libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x4193e000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x41000000)


    There are libXaw.so.7 library.

    I also tried the RPM install with alien. Again it looks like it installed but the appliation icons are not there and when I go and run the wfica manually it looks like the same problem happens.

    I have tried the web client (6.3 something I think) but when I go to the farm and trie to run a session it just asks me where to store the ica file and won't run it.

    the V7 install asks if I want to integrate with netscape (I assume it is talking about mozilla not Konqueror. But I have tried to look at both. The instructions say I have to go enable the plugin after the install but it is not listed anywhere that i can find in the browser(s) config menus.

    I hope someone can tell me what to do. I am try to do this for work.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Got the same problem with citrix client 6.3 :
    ldd /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica
    libXaw.so.6 => not found
    libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x40021000)
    libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40072000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4013a000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4013d000)
    libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x40270000)
    libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40279000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

    on a sarge debian.
    libXaw.so.7 is installed instead of 6.
    investigation in progress, every feedbacks welcome
    ThX
    NoPe

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    After looking for the library I found it on debian repository. After installing libsaw6, wfica is working fine.

    let's play with the web based interface, no succes with mozilla for now

    I someone made it work, I'am interested in !

    NoPe

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Got my prefered excel workbook on a linux desktop with communicator 4.77. Mozilla still doesn't work.
    NoPe

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Citrix on Knoppix CD???
    By PanosLinux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
  3. Getting Closer to KNOPPIX CITRIX CD
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
  4. Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX
    By dugstratton in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
  5. knoppix cd with citrix ICAclient : menue-entry for user ?
    By subwoofer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working picture

HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working

$600.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$239.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00