-
Junior Member
registered user
Write to Windows Partitions
Do you have the icons for your Windows partitions on the desktop ?
I have Knoppix 3.3, and everything is mounted read-only by default.
Right click on the partition icon, and choose "Change read write mode" .
You will get an "Are you sure ?" screen. Agree, and it will change the partition to be writable.
Then you can move/copy using Konqueror, MC, or whatever, and the partition will stay that way until you change it back.
-
Senior Member
registered user
At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
-
Junior Member
registered user
At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
Good Point, Thanks.
I run Knoppix from the CD on a Windows 98 SE box, so anything I do in Knoppix that I want to save "permanently", I copy to a Windows partition.
I knew there was a reason I went for Linux instead of Windows XP !
-
Can it be set as default
Is it possible to edit the ISO before burning so that it mount Win partitions as read write by default (VFAT only).
Also can I "install" a program on the win partition that I can use from knoppix (ddd debugger).
Ok any help is great.
G F D
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have found no problems havin windows stuff and linux stuff on the same fat partition. I should say that it mostly storage and non os specific files that are shared like mp3,text and htm files. Windows seems to ignore most linux files and gives them the generic unrecognised file icon.
johnb
Similar Threads
-
By Jim in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By milkjam in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:00 AM
-
By HK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:34 PM
-
By fransm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00