make sure "plug n' play OS' option is turned off in your bios options.
i have a sound blaster live 4.1 that did the same thing after i enabled this option.
First off, Knoppix rocks. I can finally learn more about Linux without having to commit a hard drive to it![]()
I have a sound blaster audigy x-gamer card, as well as onboard sound. I tried running a modconf and installing emu10k1, but it said failed to open modules.dep for writing and it fails. I made sure everything was said to read-write mode, sure not to have readonly enabled, but still no go. I also tried this with my onboard sound and same problem.
And secondly, but not as importantly, I tried running knoppix on my laptop, but the screen is very dim and hard to read, is this just an LCD problem?
PLEASE help with my sound, I'll be on Knoppix all the time if my sound works
Thanks!!
-matt
make sure "plug n' play OS' option is turned off in your bios options.
i have a sound blaster live 4.1 that did the same thing after i enabled this option.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
2‑Pack SFP+ 10G BiDi BX‑U/BX‑D 1270/1330nm 10km | Cisco Compatible | ALVIRON
$48.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99