DO
man chmod
For a simple fix (although I wouldn't recommend using this too randomly)
chmod 777 /floppy (or wherever your floppy drive is mounted)
will allow everyone to access the floppy drive.
I've done a hard drive install of Knoppix 3.2 and created a regular user which seems to working fine except I can't access the floppy. I mount the floppy as root and I can read from and write to it. When I try to read it as regular user it says permission denied. My user is in the floppy group and I've compared my fstab file with others I've seen on here and else where and it seems to be correct
Any help would be appreciated.
DO
man chmod
For a simple fix (although I wouldn't recommend using this too randomly)
chmod 777 /floppy (or wherever your floppy drive is mounted)
will allow everyone to access the floppy drive.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried that but still no access as regular user.
I reinstalled and changed a few things, and I'm getting access to the floppy. I went with the graphical login and I haven't done any updates yet. I have a couple of new questions now.
1 I'm not sure if I ran the chmod 777 command. I've looked at the info chmod and man chmod and they don't say anything about numbers. Is there somewhere I can look to see if the mode is set to 777?
2 I mounted the floppy and looked at it with Konquerer. One of the files on the floppy is a copy of a Kword document. I
made some changes to the copy on my harddrive then I wanted to save a copy on my floppy. When I tried to save as from Kword it said the device a: was busy try again. I umounted the floppy and then Kword was able to save it. Does this sound right?
This whole mount business is starting to drive me nuts!

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter
$74.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99