I think that the only difference with those two isos are that one of them is in english and the other in german.
So it all depends on wich language you want.
Guys and gals (if any), I know nothing about LINUX.
All my Genetics softwares run on LINUX, so here I am desperately trying to learn it.![]()
I have got a question concerning knoppix. I recently downloaded it from a
German site to my hard-drive.
Now I want to burn it on a cd. The total file size that I got is 2.6 GB! Now
that will surely not fit on any CD that I know of..
BUT, I have 2 ISO files.
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso
and
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-DE.iso
Which one do I actually burn?
What about the other folders that come with the download, for instance the contrib and docs folders? Do i need to burn these too?
Any help will be appreciated....![]()
I think that the only difference with those two isos are that one of them is in english and the other in german.
So it all depends on wich language you want.
WAO!!![]()
You guys are pretty fast. I also received this reply basically in seconds after I sent the mail....thought I would share it with others.
> > BUT, I have 2 ISO files.
> >
> > KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso
> >
> > and
> >
> > KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-DE.iso
> >
> > Which one do I actually burn?
>
> The *-EN.iso file if you want to boot into ENglish by default,
> the *-DE.iso file if you want to boot into DEutsch by default.
>
> > What about the other folders that come with for instance the contrib and
> docs
> > folder? Do i need to burn these too?
>
> No, you just need to burn ONE of the bootable .iso images to get a
> bootable CD. Please make sure your burning program understands how to
> burn .iso files, otherwise you end up with an unusable CD that just
> contains the FILE, and not the CONTENT of the file.
>
> With kind regards
> -Klaus Knopper
> --
> Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Knopper Dansenberger Straße 44
> Phone+Fax: +49 631 51504 67661 Kaiserslautern
> http://www.knopper.net/ GERMANY
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> LinuxTag 2004 - Europes largest Linux Expo Where .com meets .org
> Phone +49 180 5 LINUXTAG Fax +49 180 5 LINUXFAX
> http://www.linuxtag.org/ Technical Solutions
I just burnt the ISO files on a CD. I used Nero and burnt it as
a DATA disc. Does this make it bootable?
When I try to boot from CD, my laptop just ignores it and goes
on to load the OS from my HDD... Help!
The image is already bootable. Read our fine documentation on how to burn an .iso using Nero.Originally Posted by Rahul Kumar

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
$170.00