-
Do I need to redo installation?
Hello,
I first tried to install Debian from the net installation. I was unable to get it to go through, but it did partition the hard drive the way I want. CFDisk (maybe?) partitioned a boot portion first (about 8 megs) then a swap (about 1.5 gig) and then two portions, one for root and one for home (each with about half of the remainder of the 60 gig hard drive).
After being unsuccesful with the net installation of Debian I found out about Knoppix and burned a cd. When I ran the script for installing it to the hard drive the same partitioning program came up and I saw the original partitions. I liked my earlier decisions and told the program to write according to the settings it showed me. It did so and the next question was whether I wanted a swap portion. On being told yes the hard drive installation program told me I had no such partition and exited. I ran the script again and this time told it no swap partition and it installed fine.
Obviously, I probably did not get quite the installation I wanted. My newbie question then is how do I check and see how my hard drive was utililzed and if it is not the way I want what can I do without reinstallling? And if I do need to reinstall what can I do during the installation process to avoid the obstacles I came across. The file management is still very new for me so please be as simple as possible.
By the way, this is not a dual boot machine; I want Debian as the sole operating system.
Thanks for your help.
GreenShirt
Similar Threads
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By publiusi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By OverIP in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 10:15 PM
-
By appel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99