-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix-installer, I've googled and faq'd but unsucessful
Hi. Respectfully asking (read: begging
for some assistance doing a hd install of Knoppix 3.3 from image dated 2-16. After running from the CD for a few days have made decision knoppix is the distro for this newbie, anyway and have spent 24 hrs (yeah straight, pump that caffeine into a fresh vein, please
trying to do hd install. I run konsole and type sudo knoppix-installer. It brings me to qparted where I successfully created two partitions for it, one formatted linuxswap of 500 mb and one in ext3 of 5gig. That's as a far as it is going. The partitions are really set/formatted and I have rebooted (old habits die hard) but knoppix-installer kept saying hd was not properly prepared and bringing me to qparted again. And I tried IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix installer and got the config options but then it dumps what appears to be an error about a radio button missing in the installer? I have also tried running from ctrl-alt-F1. Googling and faqing it appears something might be missing from this distribution? I dled another installer (a deb) with templates but am unable dpkg and install that installer to ramdrive maybe without root password. Suggestions most appreciated and pardon this sleep-deprived linux newbie's drawn out post. Regards, Nish
Similar Threads
-
By ValhallaSystems in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By bfc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By Waylander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99