That "dictionary" thing was really bugging me. So I downloaded abiword 1.0.4 source and installed it with make, then make install. And no more problems. First had to remove the other abiword.
How do I get and install the English dictionary for the Abiword that came with the Jan. release of Knoppix?
Thanks for the help.
David
That "dictionary" thing was really bugging me. So I downloaded abiword 1.0.4 source and installed it with make, then make install. And no more problems. First had to remove the other abiword.
I am pretty much a newbie. So how did you uninstall the Abiword that came with the Jan. distribution, download and install the 1.04 version since I only saw RPM packages??
Thanks David
[email protected]
As root in a console (apt-get remove abiword) then still as root (alien -i abiword.rpm) will to convert the .rpm to a .deb and then install it automatically.
Thanks so very much. You are a tremendous help!
David
If you are running a HD install and want to fix your existing AbiWord, use apt-get to install aspell and the necessary aspell dictionary such as aspell-en, then the abiword dictionary will work.
HTH
rock
Thanks Rock you guys are so helpful...I really appreciate it.
David

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99