Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix and Lotus Notes R5 (via Wine)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix and Lotus Notes R5 (via Wine)

    I tried to install and run Lotus notes R5 via Wine and after setup whan I launch Notes XServer crashed. I have tried to update wine but nothing. Someone have trouble same mine.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4
    I recently tried the same having the same result.
    Config (fake windows dir and config file) was copied from a working Mdk9 with latest wine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lcapriotti
    I recently tried the same having the same result.
    Config (fake windows dir and config file) was copied from a working Mdk9 with latest wine.
    Not sure if you guys fixed this or not (I know its a bit late), but I just copied Notes 5.08 onto my Knoppix HDD Install. I copied the complete c:/lotus/notes and c:/lotus/notes/data directories under .wine/fake_windows directory.

    I had to uninstall the latest version of wine, and install wine20031212 . After that, Notes works well, but now I just need to fix the fonts.

    Hope this helps.

    Steve.

Similar Threads

  1. It's not done until Lotus won't run
    By James L. Dean in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 03:51 AM
  2. Knoppix and Wine
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
  3. wine use under knoppix
    By tommi in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:02 PM
  4. Wine of Knoppix 3.2
    By Kadet in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 11:39 PM
  5. KNOPPIX on a ME/XP machine(Dell Inspiron), my field notes
    By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 09:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is) picture

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)

$6999.99



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00