View Poll Results: I think that these programs should be added to Knoppix!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree, I love these programs!

    34 85.00%
  • Animals stink! I even kick my dog! (I disagree)

    6 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FireFox & ThunderBird a must!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157

    FireFox & ThunderBird a must!

    I don't know if you all have tried to use these programs yet, but in my opinion they kick hoss! I have been loyal to IE for many, many years. But have been converted. It just needs some google buttons. (It does have the search though!)

    I just started using Incredimail over the past few months and didn't think linux would have a good browser or email client. Now that I have used them on Windows, I think that anyone that uses these programs will agree. They are great!!! I only have one complaint. Thunderbird needs a cute little animated window in the top right hand corner telling us that our messege is received, like Incredimail does. It is just a fun thing to watch!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Yes these are nice, but Mozilla Mail will pretty much do everything these do and integrates a bit better with Mozilla imho. I suspect that they won't be added since there is simply no more room on the cd and it's unlikely that Klaus would remove Mozilla Mail in order to mail room. As far as Incredimail goes....yuck.

  3. #3
    I have been a loyal mozilla user since about Milestone16, but have been using Firefox almost exclusively since it was first renamed to Firebird from Phoenix. I find Firefox loads much faster, has a lot more extensions and themes available, and is generally much nicer to use than Mozilla. The same is true for Thunderbird IMHO.... the only thing I find lacking is the integration between the two and the lack of standalone "Composer" application. I definitely vote for Firefox/Thunderbird!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20
    I use both of those in tandem at school. But at home I just stick with Mozilla, that way I only need to remember one name (Firebird becomes FireFox, what the hell?)

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    Got Mozilla, FireThing and Opera installed on my machine at work. Find myself using FireThing more and more - although there are still a few things I really miss from Opera.

    Unfortunately IE is still needed to view some sites (both internal and external)...

    Anyway, I do hope FireThing gets included soon. As for Thunderbird, never used it, have to use Outlook :((

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20
    Ugh, I hate outlook

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Added both to the Overclockx 3.4.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    I have been noticing that FireFox is getting more and more popular everyday. There are reviews and people shouting its name on sites all over the place. IE has finally found a threat.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkah
    I have been noticing that FireFox is getting more and more popular everyday. There are reviews and people shouting its name on sites all over the place. IE has finally found a threat.
    And you can install it with just a klik on http://klik.berlios.de/ - even if running Knoppix from CD...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Yes, I know, you have posted this about 15 times on all the other threads. Most of us read more than one thread, so you don't have to re-post it that many times. I think it gets people really mad, to the point where you will be flogged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. firefox+pdf=very bad
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
  2. Thunderbird spell checker
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
  3. Apt-get Thunderbird 1.0-3...was ist los?
    By chada in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 08:52 AM
  4. Thunderbird Date Format
    By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 05:12 PM
  5. Thunderbird Fonts
    By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00