I'm new to knoppix/linux and installed it on my works computer - People at work weren't happywith it on there and i need to uninstall knoppix and the Lilo thing that does the boot up. I reformatted my HDs but it just doesn't go - HELP ME PLEASE
I'm new to knoppix/linux and installed it on my works computer - People at work weren't happywith it on there and i need to uninstall knoppix and the Lilo thing that does the boot up. I reformatted my HDs but it just doesn't go - HELP ME PLEASE
If you want to "clean" the hard drive this will do it:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda* bs=1k count=1
replace * with the partition you want to erase, or
leave it in to REMOVE ALL PARTITIONS.
If there is anything you want saved, DON'T do this.
Check if it worked with cfdisk.
Of course if you have a scsi or multiple hard drives
you'll have to change the pertinent areas.
Pop out the cdrom and reinstall you know what (yech!)
You did that and you still have a job?![]()
I'm assuming that your firm run Windoze. To blitz Knoppix, use the CD and do
mkfs.msdos /dev/whereKnoppixIs
(don't get this wrong if you have more than one partition or hard drive!)
to get rid of Lilo, get a DOS bootdisk and do
fdisk /mbr
And that's it.
We'd all be interested to hear more of this tale, I'm sure!

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00