Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Bad CRC error and readable only bootmisc.sh- Please help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3

    Bad CRC error and readable only bootmisc.sh- Please help!

    Greetz to all!
    I have the following (common?)problem:
    I installed Knoppix from the CD,chose Linux from lilo and became after a proper bootsequence the following error message:

    Cleaning: /tmp /var/lock /var/run
    blk: queue c0334b60, limit 4095MB (0xfffffffff)
    blk: queue c0334ca8, limit 4095MB (0xfffffffff)
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

    You might know this error.
    I think I have to edit the bootmisc.sh, but when I boot from the Knoppix CD again and want to edit the bootmisc it is readable only. If i try to open it in the rootshell I get the message that the file is readable only!

    What shall I do?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Open the console window after you boot the CD and use sudo in front of the commands then you can edit and save the changes.

    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd??
    sudo favorite_editor /mnt/hd??/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
    Replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition needed to be mounted for the editing. BTW if you do not know you are looking for it is the line starting with hdparm near the bottom of the file and you need to put # character in front of the line or delete it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Now I got another prob. When I enter the command : sudo mount /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6
    I got this error message: Can't find /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6 in /etc/fstab or /etd/mstab
    What shall I do now?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppax
    Now I got another prob. When I enter the command : sudo mount /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6
    I got this error message: Can't find /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6 in /etc/fstab or /etd/mstab
    What shall I do now?
    You need a space between the /dev/hda6 and the /mnt/hda6.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Worked! Now ,we'll see. I'll reboot!

Similar Threads

  1. /etc/bootmisc.sh
    By serge in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
  2. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  3. Why I got this error
    By luro95 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:55 AM
  4. mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
    By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04 picture

NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04

$38.00