-
Bad CRC error and readable only bootmisc.sh- Please help!
Greetz to all!
I have the following (common?)problem:
I installed Knoppix from the CD,chose Linux from lilo and became after a proper bootsequence the following error message:
Cleaning: /tmp /var/lock /var/run
blk: queue c0334b60, limit 4095MB (0xfffffffff)
blk: queue c0334ca8, limit 4095MB (0xfffffffff)
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
You might know this error.
I think I have to edit the bootmisc.sh, but when I boot from the Knoppix CD again and want to edit the bootmisc it is readable only. If i try to open it in the rootshell I get the message that the file is readable only!
What shall I do?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Open the console window after you boot the CD and use sudo in front of the commands then you can edit and save the changes.
Code:
sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd??
sudo favorite_editor /mnt/hd??/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
Replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition needed to be mounted for the editing. BTW if you do not know you are looking for it is the line starting with hdparm near the bottom of the file and you need to put # character in front of the line or delete it.
-
Now I got another prob. When I enter the command : sudo mount /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6
I got this error message: Can't find /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6 in /etc/fstab or /etd/mstab
What shall I do now?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Knoppax
Now I got another prob. When I enter the command : sudo mount /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6
I got this error message: Can't find /dev/hda6/mnt/hda6 in /etc/fstab or /etd/mstab
What shall I do now?
You need a space between the /dev/hda6 and the /mnt/hda6.
-
Similar Threads
-
By serge in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By luro95 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:55 AM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Collector Gold Cap chip board (ME)
$300.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
![Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE] picture](/store/img/g/5ywAAeSwNrpqwcku/s-l225/Compaq-Presario-5BW284-Intel-Pentium-III-40GB-HD-2.jpg)
Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE]
$169.99

Vintage Motorola MACSS XC68000L Pre-Production Engineering Sample CPU (1980)
$699.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Gold Cap chip collector board (ME)
$200.00

Sylvania Smartbook SYNET07526 7" Netbook WIN CE Notebook Computer Boxed Vintage
$33.77

Intel C3104 White ceramic vintage collectable chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$200.00

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00