-
Junior Member
registered user
award modular bios 4.51 pg
Hi,
I am trying to install knoppix on a celeron 266MHz machine with 230 MB ram and 3 GB disk... and it is starting to become a nightmare. I used to havee problems with the boot of knoppix... eveything would work ok but then installation would freeze and everything was screwed up. I changed the cd unit (I got a 52x) and now it is working perfectly... I can load knoppix but when I make knx-hdinstall everything looks nice, apart from the fact that it doesn't shutdown completely after session and when I start the pc it goes mad. It looks like lilo was trying to load linux but suddenly all freezes and I get something like
99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 9999 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
all over the screen... I have already tried all possibilites: Not to install lilo, with lilo, making a little bootable partition ath the beginning of the disk... without it and making root partition bootable (I mean the flag in fdisk), deleting the flag... ALL... and I get always those ***** 99s...
I do not have winblows on the disk and my bios is
award modular 4.51 pg
rom pci/isa (2a69jm49)
Do I have to make an upgrade of the bios or what?
Please help me... this is basically for my wife and she's already threating me with going back to winblows...
thanks,
Pau
Similar Threads
-
By tymlls05 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 11:16 PM
-
By twiistedkaos in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 07:27 AM
-
By xtoor in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:00 AM
-
By Systems in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM
-
By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99