Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ftp2.de.debian.org resolve failure

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Swanton, VT
    Posts
    5

    ftp2.de.debian.org resolve failure

    I am using knx-cdcust.sh script to remaster my knoppix-3.3 iso. I have
    unpacked it and chrooted it. I am in the process of removing all packages I
    dont need. However I am new to debian and to apt-get. I tried:

    apt-get update

    and it says"
    Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
    Temporary failure resolving 'ftp2.de.debian.org'
    ...."

    I do have internet within the chroot because I have succesfully wgeted
    several files. And other computers on my network can resolve and visit
    ftp2.de.debain.org. I am not sure why this is happening. any help would be
    appreciated. This livecd is for a project for school.

    Rick S.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Swanton, VT
    Posts
    5
    heh. I forgot to:

    mount -t proc /proc proc
    and edit /etc/resolv.conf

    its all going now.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    29
    lol

Similar Threads

  1. Help! apt-get nonfunctional--no ftp2.de.debian.org??!??
    By IsaacKuo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 04:01 PM
  2. can't resolve names from chroot
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  4. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. ftp2.de.knoppix.com down?
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000 picture

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000

$349.99



RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus

$25.00



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is) picture

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)

$239.75



Microbotics Starboard 2MB Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer w Box READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer w Box READ

$299.00



Amiga 2000 / A2000 Keyboard - Original Commodore - Vintage Retro picture

Amiga 2000 / A2000 Keyboard - Original Commodore - Vintage Retro

$221.72



COMMODORE 1581 3-1/2

COMMODORE 1581 3-1/2" FLOPPY DRIVE WITH JIFFYDOS. TESTED AND WORKING

$325.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 / A500 plus picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 / A500 plus

$25.00



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00