-
Problem booting from compaq armadam700
Hi All,
I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
"Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."
After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
Thanks.
Amine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
does the armada have floppy? if yes, make a bootfloppy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem booting from compaq armadam700

Originally Posted by
chouicha
Hi All,
I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
"Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."
After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
Thanks.
Amine.
Is the m700 able to read the cd if you first boot into windoze & then insert the knoppix cd ?
-
No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.
-
Armada has a multi-bay drive (I can have either the floppy drive or the CD driver, but not both). Using the the floppy boot, I get only a minimal shell. Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
chouicha
No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.
I think your problem is that the CD drive can't read the particular CD you have Knoppix on.
(and it probably wouldn't be able to read it no matter what was on it)
Try burning it on a different brand of CD. Some drives are also better at reading CDRWs while others seem to work better with CDRs.
-
Are you using a docking station?
I have a similar problem with my m700 when it is in the docking station. Once I removedit and boot it standalone, knoppix 3.3 works fine.
Similar Threads
-
By vijuchauhan in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
-
By maguu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 04:53 PM
-
By mihaval in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 01:29 PM
-
By nreddy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:02 PM
-
By Coume in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99