-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry about that last post...desperation and cold medicine will do that to a person. The problem is I'm pretty new to this. I've found a few step-by-step walkthroughs and tried to follow them, but they all seem to require having both a floppy drive and cd drive installed simultaneously (for instance, needing the floppy drive to make a boot disk from that is required in a later step). I suppose the real problem I'm having lies with the boot loader. I've actually got both WinXP and Knoppix installed right now, it's just that I can't access Knoppix. I've got the windows version of GRUB installed and when I turn the computer on it has me choose between WinXP and GRUB, but I don't know how to configure GRUB to access my Knoppix install. I've got the hard drive partitioned using the utility packaged in with the Knoppix HDD install as follows....hda1 - 10001.95MB WinXP install; hda2 - 402.56MB Linux swap partition; hda3 - 9599.39MB Knoppix install partition. So really, the problem I'm having is with using a bootloader. I tried GRUB, but when I try to boot that, the system stalls with the message GRUB Loading stage2.... on the screen. I'm not expecting to find a fix for that on this board. What I was hoping to find is a step-by-step boot-loader installation that will work in my situation.
Specifically, I've been attempting the directions posted at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00