-
troubles with locales
Hi,
I still fiddle around with my Knoppix-derived debian system. I want to get rid of German messages, menues, titles,....
A "locale" command lists all LC_ and the LANG command: in German. Then I export LC_ALL and LANG to en_US (Yes, the locales are installed, and I stay in the same console-window), a "locale" command lists, as expected, all variables set to en_US. But when I open e.g. gftp all menues are in German, when I open e.g. dselect all dialogs are in German. This behaviour is not native to debian and makes no sense, since it has to be possible to change the locale for a specific application.
Hence my question: Where is this behaviour defined and how to remove these persistent settings?
Thanks
macherb
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By mschievano in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 05:44 AM
-
By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM
-
By walla123ms in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Oracle for Macintosh Developer’s Kit v1.0a (1988–1989) – Complete • UNUSED
$1600.00