-
Junior Member
registered user
I am guessing this is bad....
Well, I did an HD install last week using a disk that was downloaded from about 10 sources (I have read that that is BAD :P). It seems to work fine, but there are certain things like how the control panel cant access the kernel at all that make me believe that it is screwed up in some way.
Question is, when I get a CD from one source (I will make sure to do this when I switch to Gentoo this summer), can I just install it over my current copy, or should I reformat and start over?
Thanks
-
Just insert the cd in your cdrom drive, boot from there and enter knoppix testcd at the boot prompt; this will tell you whether the cd was correctly downloaded and burned! BTW, the KDE control panel looks for the kernel source in /usr/src/linux and since it's not installed by default it gives you an error; nothing to worry about!
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
EmDee
Just insert the cd in your cdrom drive, boot from there and enter knoppix testcd at the boot prompt; this will tell you whether the cd was correctly downloaded and burned! BTW, the KDE control panel looks for the kernel source in /usr/src/linux and since it's not installed by default it gives you an error; nothing to worry about!
Should have known :P
Thanks for the help.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00