Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Terminology help

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    10

    Terminology help

    Again I am sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am a newbie and still learning

    I am reading this article:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4174,

    In this article it says:
    (4) Start a Terminal session.
    How do I call this up? Where do i find the terminal?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    It's the seashell icon on the taskbar

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Terminology help

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubMed
    Again I am sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am a newbie and still learning

    I am reading this article:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4174,

    In this article it says:
    (4) Start a Terminal session.
    How do I call this up? Where do i find the terminal?
    On the taskbar in KDE it would be the monitor icon with a shell on it. Click on the icon and the terminal or also called console window will open up then you can type in the commands you need to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



ORICO 4 Bay RAID Drive Enclosure - Upgraded JMS591 Chip - USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20Gbps picture

ORICO 4 Bay RAID Drive Enclosure - Upgraded JMS591 Chip - USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20Gbps

$279.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49