Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SuSE YAST to go open source

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692

    SuSE YAST to go open source

    I may be talking through my hat, but I've heard that this is a really good, and easy to use installer, and Novell has decided to release it as open source.

    http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5175682.html

    Might be nice for noobs if it doesn't eat up too much room in the ISO. I haven't had the nerve to try knx-hdinstall or knoppix installer - so they may be just as good.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: SuSE YAST to go open source

    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    I may be talking through my hat, but I've heard that this is a really good, and easy to use installer, and Novell has decided to release it as open source.

    http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5175682.html

    Might be nice for noobs if it doesn't eat up too much room in the ISO. I haven't had the nerve to try knx-hdinstall or knoppix installer - so they may be just as good.
    Yeah I just saw this too. Looks pretty interesting. Glad hey decided to go with the GPL. I think this would be a pretty big project to get it incorporated into Debian, but perhaps it's worthwhile. I'm not sure though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    well, as yast integrates better with KDE than any other set of tools (maybe I dont give ARK linux proper credit now, but their tools aren''t really mature yet) I think it whould be nice if they where available for Debian.

Similar Threads

  1. Ethical Issues in Open Source
    By firefly2442 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 03:43 PM
  2. Linux/open source Commercial Collaboration?
    By vader in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 08:52 PM
  3. First try at open source, but missing a driver I think
    By Refugee in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:39 AM
  4. hwsetup/ash-knoppix, are they open source ?
    By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:56 PM
  5. Open source 'Outlook' alternatives?
    By Tortoise in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00