Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: ok...walk me through this...cdrom and cdrom1

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc
    Quote Originally Posted by #
    root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm /dev/hdc

    /dev/hdc:
    HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
    IO_support = 0 (default 16-bit)
    unmaskirq = 0 (off)
    using_dma = 0 (off)
    keepsettings = 0 (off)
    readonly = 1 (on)
    readahead = 8 (on)
    HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
    root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc

    /dev/hdc:
    setting using_dma to 1 (on)
    using_dma = 1 (on)
    so confused....

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Seagull
    ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc
    Quote Originally Posted by #
    root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm /dev/hdc

    /dev/hdc:
    HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
    IO_support = 0 (default 16-bit)
    unmaskirq = 0 (off)
    using_dma = 0 (off)
    keepsettings = 0 (off)
    readonly = 1 (on)
    readahead = 8 (on)
    HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
    root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc

    /dev/hdc:
    setting using_dma to 1 (on)
    using_dma = 1 (on)
    so confused....
    Ok that is what I needed to see the DMA will work on your machine you now just need to edit either the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file and put these two line near the bottom the exit 0 one will already be there.
    Code:
    ## Added by me for DMA on DVD player
    hdparm -qd1 /dev/hdc
    
    : exit 0
    Or you can put it in the proper file the /etc/hdparm.conf in the format I posted above and everytime you boot the DMA will be set on the drive and you should get better playback.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    /me cries....

    I am _so_ sorry. I still have no idea what I'm to change what to.

    What do you mean the "link for the /dev/dvd points to the /dev/scd0" ? Is that the /dev/dvd should be changed to /dev/scd0 or /dvd should be changed to /scd0 ?

    also, my fstab has *no* mention of 'hdc'.....what is it exactly? Do I need to change something?

    I feel like such a moron.

    I guess I need you to spell it out in baby steps....anyone who actually understood this..step by silly, stupid step.

    Again, I'm _so_ sorry I'm such an idiot.

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    :edit:

    nvm....Got it!!!

    Thx for all the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. /cdrom /cdrom1, can not be mounted!
    By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
  2. DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.
    By Eradicator in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 04:01 AM
  3. Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'
    By milne in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
  4. Soundblaster 16 PCI, anyone wanna walk a newbie through?
    By smiley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00