Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: apt-get install mozilla-firefox broke my apt

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24

    apt-get install mozilla-firefox broke my apt

    I apt-get installed mozialla-firefox and this seemed to cause problems with the mozilla browser in my apt, so I removed the mozilla browser and now I am getting this when I run apt-get upgrade:

    Code:
    root@cyclonus:/home/john# apt-get upgrade
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      mozilla-locale-de-at: Depends: mozilla-browser (>= 2:1.6)
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    root@cyclonus:/home/john#
    it won't let me remove mozilla-locale-de-at, and running apt-get install -f does not help either it returns this:

    Code:
    root@cyclonus:/home/john# apt-get install -f
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      mozilla-locale-de-at
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B of archives.
    After unpacking 3432kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    (Reading database ... 118395 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing mozilla-locale-de-at ...
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-locale-de-at.postrm: line 7: update-mozilla-chrome: command not found
    dpkg: error processing mozilla-locale-de-at (--remove):
     subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     mozilla-locale-de-at
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@cyclonus:/home/john#
    Now I cannot use apt to do anything, it gives me the same error no matter what I do with it, I tried to reinstall mozilla-browser and that also did not help, I believe the initial error was caused when firefox upgraded some of the packages that the mozilla browser wanted.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Hi,

    I just posted a tip that should help you fix your problem with mozilla and apt-get. Check this link out to see if it helps, it worked for me as I just found it and fixed it on my own. http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...2165efa23c391e


    HTH,

    Durand

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    that seems to be my problem, but when I ls in the sbin directory I can't find the update-mozilla-chrome script, when I try to open it with nano it also can't find it, but if I locate it it finds it in the sbin directory, am I doing something wrong?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    I really think I could have deleted the file when I started to remove the mozilla-browser, can you post me a link to download it and throw it back in there or something?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    You're on the right track, it is in the /usr/sbin directory. The file is update-mozilla-chrome and you need to open it in your favorite text/binary editor. I don't have a website to host such a fix, but hopefully Klaus or one of the developers are watching this thread and will post a fix shortly.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    mine is gone, I think it was removed when I apt-get removed mozilla-browser, so now my apt-get is locked up and I don't have the file to replace to edit, so I am gonna need that file, if someone can e-mail ([email protected]) it to me I can host it and put a link in here.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Check your email, it's on it's way. Hope it solves your problem.

    Durand

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    here is the link for the fixed file:
    http://www.arctangent.net/~rhpot1991...lla-chrome.txt

    If you made the mistake, like I did, of removing mozilla-browser then you are more than likely missing all the files that this script references. For now I am going to install knoppix on a spare box so I can rook the files that I need. I can post them compressed when I get it fully working if anyone needs them.


    Special Thanks to Durand for hooking me up with the fixed file.

Similar Threads

  1. Install Firefox in Knoppix
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
  2. Tiny menu text in Firefox under Knoppix HD Install!
    By BaltikaTroika in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:33 AM
  3. Mozilla Firefox Profiles.
    By Jerunk in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:48 AM
  4. Mozilla Firefox
    By towjamb in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
  5. Install FireFox
    By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$166.24



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts picture

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts

$69.99



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95