-
Senior Member
registered user
SuSE escapee needs help!
I'm running the Debian created by using the install to hard drive script and Knoppix 3.1. Seems to have gone reasonably well except:
Lilo. Simply didn't work. I'll try and podge together a lilo.conf on my SuSE drive: currently the only way I can get into Knoppix/Debian is through the SuSE install CD!
Internet. kppp exits with "The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!
Exit status: 4" which reads:
"4 The kernel does not support PPP, for example, the PPP kernel
driver is not included or cannot be loaded."
Can this be right?
I don't like kppp and would play with wvdial or kinternet (if I can find the source/ a Deb) but this looks very much like an error from pppd itself.
Sound.I can't get any sound. I'm running a KT3 Via Ultra board with the AC97 on board sound. SuSE 8.0 (with an earlier kernel!) picks this up just fine and loads the via 8233 driver. The RedHat configuration tool won't allow me to load what looks like the appropriate module.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. I want to be free of SuSE and learning the wonders of apt!
Similar Threads
-
By heydude in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
-
By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By EmDee in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By donnek in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:18 PM
-
By thedaz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU5M to Intel XDACBL5M Compatible TAA Compliant 10GBase-CU
$112.99

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M to HP J9283B Compatible 10GBase-CU SFP+ to SFP+
$168.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70