Apologies if this is in a faq, or somewhere in the forum. I did have a look.

downloaded, burnt, etc knoppix yesterday. works just lovely, except...

/////////

0.

My main interest in running knoppix is being able to play with the dev tools especially QT / QT designer. I've had it with those nasty MFC macros.

In order to "play" i'll need some disc storage; enter mr. pen-drive.

OK I understand that i need to do the stuff outlined in the persistent_home threads, BUT I don't know how to access the contents of the file created under MS-Windows...

So how do i access the CONTENTS of the "*.img" file under windows. Why do i want to do this? so that i can test out how portable QT is, so that i can try porting open office documents, cause i wanna...

/////////

1. doesn't have a menu driven option for the startup parameters. imho this will put granny's et al off. they won't be able to fathom "just type knoppix fluxbx..." is someone doing a pretty startup menu? maybe something like most bios editing utils.

/////////

2. can't seem to change screen res once kde is started. it may be all very well to detect video hardware and monitor, BUT some people like running at a lower screen res (cause their screen's focus is very puur). Is it possible to change screen res after startup?

/////////

3. can't find out how to set up phone dialer for modem. i've got one of those nasty internal jobs.

Ciao

Stephen