-
Senior Member
registered user
"Poor Man's Install" keeps defaulting to first HD
I want to run my remastered KNOPPIX distribution on a test partition (HDA3). My default boot partition is HDA2 (800M), that I use to boot my development PC.
After I remaster KNOPPIX, I copy the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem to the KNOPPIX subdirectory on HDA3. Then I reboot with a CD using the "fromhdd=/dev/hda3" switch.
However, the boot process keeps finding the "KNOPPIX CD" on /dev/hda2. If I copy the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem to HDA2, the remastered filesystem works great. However, I would like to be able to do my remastering and keep HDA2 as a pristine (known good) version of my remaster.
Anyone else running into this? It must be something I'm doing wrong, as it happens on two separate development PC's.
Thanks in advance,
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
Still an issue, any help greatly appreciated. Just thought I would "tickle" it to get it on the new posts....
thanks in advance,
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would say you already have the solution at hand use hda3 as the pristine and hda2 as the test it seems to want to go with the first instance it finds so unless you can track that down in the scripts and change it which is probably more trouble than it is worth take the path of least resistance.
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00