Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Gateway Solo 9300 mini PCI modem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    It-Lee
    Posts
    15

    Gateway Solo 9300 mini PCI modem

    I'm curious to see if I the built-in modem on my Gateway Solo Pro 9300 will work. It's a "3Com mini PCI type 3B". I did a bit of research on it, and I see that Linux does know about it, so that's encouraging. Its pid.ids file is 10b7:1006, and indeed I'm seeing it in /proc/bus/pci/devices. Its entry is:

    0060 10b71006 9 f6018008 f6000008 f6010008

    ... and then zeros, zeros, zeros.

    Obviously if I knew what I was talking about, I'd just give the relevant info!!

    So, is this a valid modem under Linux, or only a winmodem?
    How do I get the system to see it?

    I'm using a Knoppix HD install with a recompiled 2.4.22 kernel. Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    It-Lee
    Posts
    15
    Here's the output of lspci:

    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 03)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 03)
    00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
    00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
    00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
    00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 03)
    00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: ESS Technology ES1978 Maestro 2E (rev 10)
    00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1450 (rev 03)
    00:0a.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1450 (rev 03)
    00:0c.0 Communication controller: 3Com Corporation MINI PCI type 3B Data Fax Modem
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    It-Lee
    Posts
    15
    I did some more research ... looks like, for the moment, this is a winmodem with no support.

Similar Threads

  1. Gateway Solo 2500 knoppix internet question
    By mwdowns in forum Laptops
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
  2. Knoppix Router/Gateway?
    By melo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
  3. Knoppix PC as a gateway problem
    By orcsoul in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
  4. Windows as gateway
    By phroot in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
  5. Gateway and Knoppix
    By djm in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99