Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Itronix IX-260 booting problem

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Itronix IX-260 booting problem

    While trying to boot my IX-260 everything seems to be going fine (besides the error about not being able to use my celluar adapter card) but when I get to X11 starting up the screen goes black and nothing happens. The cd doesn't even read.

    But when I start it up in failsafe maode everything seems to go fine, including X11 and KDE. (atleast what I checked which isn't much yet) besides the touch screen which is about 5 inches off (that doesn't really matter as I don't use the touchb screen)

    Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about this? Also how to you correctly do the no hardware scaning? like no{pcmcia} or no pcmcia

    and for anyone who cares Itronix is a small company that makes rugged laptops and tablets

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    It would be knoppix nopcmia and you just add others on the end of the line if you need more than one, I would suggest noddc to stop detection of the screen and the xmodule= for the video card and xvrefresh=60 or vsysnc=60 for the refresh rate.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    well I've did what you said but it didn't work

    However I did try noagp and it started up like a charm.

    Now the only thing is to get it to find the battery and get it to work with the WiFi card. (both not important)


    so if I wanted multiple things to not detect I would type for say

    noagppcmcia ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by firebyrd10

    so if I wanted multiple things to not detect I would type for say

    noagppcmcia ?
    knoppix nopcmia noagp they are separate but still with the no in front.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Problem
    By egyfreaker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 11:51 PM
  2. Problem in booting from CD
    By balakrishnan in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:34 AM
  3. Problem booting
    By REMslug in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 05:07 AM
  4. CD Booting Problem
    By billmacc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:47 PM
  5. problem booting - please help
    By inya in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco picture

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco

$89.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800 picture

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800

$59.99



Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$50.99



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00