-
modem problems of a simlimar/different nature.
Hello. Loving Knoppix thus so far, but would love it even more if able to use it to logon the web!
Using KPPP I get the error "KPPP cannot find /dev/modem". I'm assuming this has to do with the Com port not matching up to the tty#? I have a HCF 56k PCI modem, on IRQ 10. I'm currently running Win2000 server. I'm going to experiment with the advice given in previous posts, to see if it works for me.
I'm also curious about which default settings I need to change to maximize security after I do get it online. Any open ports, etc???
If I can configure this successfully, and using it is as fun then, as it is now I'm considering doing away with my W2K server, and partitioning back to a FAT32 and using Knoppix from my harddrive. <currently on NTFS>
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By raysr in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 02:44 PM
-
By coastie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By Rorypyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM
-
By starsoldier in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By paco in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99