Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problem booting from compaq armadam700

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4

    Problem booting from compaq armadam700

    Hi All,

    I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
    But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
    "Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."

    After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
    Thanks.

    Amine.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    does the armada have floppy? if yes, make a bootfloppy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361

    Re: Problem booting from compaq armadam700

    Quote Originally Posted by chouicha
    Hi All,

    I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
    But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
    "Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."

    After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
    Thanks.

    Amine.
    Is the m700 able to read the cd if you first boot into windoze & then insert the knoppix cd ?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
    Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    Armada has a multi-bay drive (I can have either the floppy drive or the CD driver, but not both). Using the the floppy boot, I get only a minimal shell. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by chouicha
    No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
    Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.
    I think your problem is that the CD drive can't read the particular CD you have Knoppix on.
    (and it probably wouldn't be able to read it no matter what was on it)
    Try burning it on a different brand of CD. Some drives are also better at reading CDRWs while others seem to work better with CDRs.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1
    Are you using a docking station?

    I have a similar problem with my m700 when it is in the docking station. Once I removedit and boot it standalone, knoppix 3.3 works fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Compaq Armada M700 Mouse Problem, vijay chauhan
    By vijuchauhan in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
  2. RAM Problem on Compaq Proliant 5000 Server
    By maguu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 04:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 01:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:02 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC picture

Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC

$46.99



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$135.65