I am very interested in moving away from Windows, hence I just bought Knoppix 3.3 on CD.
I am fairly impressed so far, however I can't connect to the net. I am a total newcomer to all things Linux; some help would be greatly appreciated.
When I go to 'configure adsl/pp something' it won't recognise or find my adsl usb conexant modem. What can I do ?? Is there a solution ? The damned thing was hard enough to configure under Windows when I bought it.
Yours in anticipation of a solution and, moreover, a move away from Gates in the not to distant future...

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
CISCO SFP-GE-Z , 1000BASE-ZX SFP 1550nm 70km DOM
$69.00
HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99