-
Senior Member
registered user
adduser HOWTO?
OK, I set up a fileserver/printserver in my school LAN for my students to save/print their work. They typically login via ssh or an X client.
My problem is that when I intalled KNOPPIX as DEBIAN (20031119) on the hdd I added users with adduser. However, every one can see everyone else's home dirs and read the contents of their files. Is there a way to prevent this when I create a user? I mean all files created by my students are rw-r--r-- (ie: chmod 644) and their executables are rwxr-xr-x (ie: chmod 755). Can I make everyone their own group so they can read only their own files or have the files saved rw------- or rwx------?
TIA,
AJG
-
In /etc/adduser.conf there's a line at the end that says: DIR_MODE=0755
Try changing this to 0700 (or whatever you want) and make a test user and see what happens.
Similar Threads
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 06:15 PM
-
By derjens in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By WillsterV in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Lot of 10 ARISTA SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP LC Connector Optic Transceiver Module
$60.72