Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How to mount SATA RAID0 HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8

    How to mount SATA RAID0 HD

    Can anyone tell me how to get my copy of Knoppix to recognise my hard drive, because I'm using it to retrieve data since stupid Windows is screwed up. I have a Silicon Image 3112r chip. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it! THX! I found the drivers, but I have no idea what to do with them. All the files are .sh If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95

    Re: How to mount SATA RAID0 HD

    Quote Originally Posted by poopyman67
    Can anyone tell me how to get my copy of Knoppix to recognise my hard drive
    I'd try using knoppix 3.4 c't-edition (available via bittorrent at http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969) which has the new 2.6 kernel, just make sure to put knoppix26 at the boot prompt. AFAIK, sata is not supported by the 2.4 kernel that comes with knoppix 3.3.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    do u have a non-bit torrent link?? i don't have it. Sorry!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    68
    My experience with SATA is that Knoppix 3.3 cannot recoginise it when its blank (not formatted or partitioned). After fdisk it seems to be ok - can't remember but I think I can install.

    Anyway I'll am getting a new system tomorrow and will be able it test out.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    I have just installed knoppix to my regular ata hard drive and I can't mount my 2 sata cuddas raid 0 with the sil chip, I am going to try to compile the 2.6 kernel to this version(3.3) and see if it resolves the sata issue. Here is a link for step by step instructions if you want to try it yourself. http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/l...433297,00.html

    I still cant boot to hard disc without floppy, hehe, I am such a newb at this but I love this os.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13
    the 2.6 kernel does not use hardware raid anymore like 2.4 did.Its software raid now.

    But it will recognise the sata drives seperately
    sda
    sdb
    sdc
    sdd
    etc etc.

    Thus allowing for setup of software raid....some say its better(i dont).

    this page and the links in it is nice help
    http://www.wlug.org.nz/SoftwareRaid

    http://www.wlug.org.nz/LinuxKernel2.6

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    What is their rationale saying software raid is better ? It may be more flexible but I doubt performance wise it can be better.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    so what should I do to get knoppix to recognize my SATA drive?? is there a definitive answer to this question??

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    You need to check if your running kernel has the SATA driver compiled in. If not, you need to make one. If KNOPPIX cannot recognize it, there is nothing you can do other than remastering one that has the proper kernel support.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    could you tell me how to do that?? I have no idea. I looked at the customization faq, but I didn't see it in there.... thanks!

    also, if you could give me the exact code to mount a harddrive using the ntfs file system(i gotta take some data off of it[recovery!]) that would be really helpful. I read like 5 things about it, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it....

    Sorry, im a certifiable n00b!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Booting on a SATA HDD only PC
    By valyv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 06:08 PM
  2. Can not see sata drives
    By Aristotelis in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
  3. sata hard drive won't mount ...
    By fourthirtysix in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM
  4. Doesn't Detect SATA RAID0
    By poopyman67 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 10:29 AM
  5. How do I get Knoppix to recognize/mount a SATA drive?
    By hfinger in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Sophos SG 135 Rev.3 Firewall Router -Atom C3558 6GB RAM 64GB SSD OPNsense 8x NIC picture

Sophos SG 135 Rev.3 Firewall Router -Atom C3558 6GB RAM 64GB SSD OPNsense 8x NIC

$195.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573) picture

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)

$149.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99