-
Another init problem
Error is: Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
Ive compiled the 2.6.4 kernel off the knops included config (I went through and added lots of things) and I'm trying to use it with the knops miniroot.gz.
Me and my infinite wisdom forgot to do the kernel patch...but I figure it's ok if I keep the passed args it under 512 bytes. [It appears it comes with 2.6.4 kernel...and I compiled it in]
After debugging a bit..I think it means it sees the miniroot.gz...but it doesn't like something about it. (But it's stock from boot.img)
UPDATE: After a bit of reading etc... I came to the conclusion that it's not running the linuxrc file like it's supposed to. The ramdisk is loading fine. So I guess the real question is..Why is my kernel not running linuxrc. It looks like all the support to do this is compiled into my kernel.
Figured it out...just specify root= when passing to the kernel
Similar Threads
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By mover50 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:35 PM
-
By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:47 AM
-
By chrsjav in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:59 AM
-
By berdy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00