-
Senior Member
registered user
Now what have I done? Lost KDE panel (sort of)
I was trying to update kmail (apt-get -t unstable install kmail)
it showed that a number of other packages would be installed, none of which looked bad, so I typed yes and got a lot of dependency problem messages.
Now when I try to use any of my taskbar buttons I get cannot find service error message from KDE panel. When I click on the K I get none of the familiar choices there, just logout, run command and a faint "no entries"
I think that I hosed a bunch of symlinks somewhere, is there a quick way to get it all back?
TIA
PS
Code:
root@toybox:~# apt-cache policy kde
kde:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 4:3.1.2
Version Table:
4:3.1.2 0
990 http://ftp2.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
4:2.2.25 0
500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://non-us.debian.org ./ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/non-us.debian.org_%7ekitame_mozilla_._Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://people.debian.org sid/i386/ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org_%7ebranden_packages_sid_i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
Should I apt-get kde and see if it installs and finds everything?
Similar Threads
-
By thestevo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
-
Replies: 97
Last Post: 03-02-2005, 08:45 PM
-
By mikeUK in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM
-
By radiokid in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99