-
Senior Member
registered user
ChampagneMojo,
I don't have any spftware to "monitor" the CPU/BIOS temps running in Knoppix, but, when I was having the memory problem, back a few months ago, I "did" view the temps from within the BIOS...
Having a "very" comfy case, and the motherboard is actually very small in the case... I would notice temps around 70 degrees F on a "cold" system, and, as the system was left running, I easily saw the temps get up to a "standard" "normalized" temps of around 80 to 89 degrees F. No problems have been detected, and my BIOS has an "emergency" shutdown "cap" of around 120 to 130 degrees F... So, if you are seeing 70's, you have more cooling capacity than I have...
Does the BIOS have a "cap" setting? What does it say should be the "maximum" it should "ever" get to, before the system will "force" a shutdown???
Cuddles
PS - not having the BIOS monitoring enabled, and already have Knoppix h/d installed, how would I get these "temp monitoring" services viewable in my install? (just curious)
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 37
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By qnx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 03:03 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09